Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 1 cup rice
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/3 baguette, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for frying
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 pound green beans
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees . In a small saucepan, bring 1 1/4 cups water, the rice and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil. Lower the heat, cover and simmer until the water is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sesame seeds.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, soy sauce and 1 tablespoon water. Using a food processor, pulse the baguette to form about 2 1/4 cups coarse breadcrumbs; transfer to a plate. In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs.
- Fill a large skillet with enough olive oil to reach a depth of 1/4 inch and place over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper; dip into the eggs, then into the breadcrumbs. Working in 2 batches, add the chicken to the pan and cook, turning once, until cooked through, about 5 minutes; drain on a paper-towel-lined baking sheet. Transfer to the oven to keep warm.
- Wipe out the skillet and fill with enough water to reach a depth of 1/2 inch; add 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and bring to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until tender, 5 minutes. Drain; season with salt and pepper, then sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon sesame seeds. Serve with the rice and chicken. Drizzle the chicken with the sauce.
- Toast the sesame seeds by cooking them in a skillet over medium heat until golden and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Coat the chicken in panko breadcrumbs or crushed cornflakes instead of the fresh breadcrumbs for extra crunch.
- Try the soy dipping sauce with your next veggie platter.