The crunch factor: A coating of parmesan and almonds contrasts beautifully with the juiciness of these pan-fried chops.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 2 teaspoons tangerine zest and 1/4 cup juice
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1 small red onion, slivered
- 4 boneless, 1/2-inch-thick pork loin chops (4 oz. each)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 egg
- 6 - 7 cups baby spinach
- In a medium bowl, mix the tangerine zest and juice. Whisk in 2 tbsp. oil; season.
- In a large bowl toss the onion and 1 tbsp. of the tangerine dressing to coat; let marinate. Season the pork with salt and pepper.
- Using a food processor, grind the almonds and Parmesan to the texture of fine breadcrumbs. Place in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, lightly beat the egg. Coat the pork in the egg, then the nut mixture, pressing to adhere.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 2 tbsp. EVOO over medium-high. Reduce the heat to medium, add the pork and cook until golden and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Remove pan from the heat and let the pork rest 3 minutes. Add the spinach and remaining dressing to the marinated onion; toss to coat. Serve with the pork.