Nut swap! Although this spinach pestois made with almonds, you could alsotry it with pecans or walnuts.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 4 cups (about half a 5-oz. pkg.) baby spinach, loosely packed
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup plus 1 1/2 tbsp. EVOO
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1 package (16 oz.) gnocchi
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 package (3.5 oz.) goat cheese, crumbled
- Using a food processor, puree the spinach, almonds, garlic and 1 tbsp. lemon juice. With the machine on, gradually pour in 1/3 cup EVOO until smooth. Pulse in 1/2 cup parmesan; season with salt and pepper. Taste and add more lemon juice if desired.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1 1/2 tbsp. EVOO over medium-high heat. Add the gnocchi in a single layer and cook, undisturbed, until golden and crisp, 3 to 4 minutes; turn and cook, tossing occasionally, until golden all over, about 2 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the pesto. Top with the goat cheese.
- To save some calories (and some hands-on kitchen time), cook the gnocchi in boiling water instead of pan-frying them.