Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 1 2 pound rotisserie chicken, skin discarded and meat shredded
- 1 large Anjou or Bosc pear, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . In a large bowl, mix the chicken, pear, shallot, chicken broth, tarragon, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and set aside. In a small bowl, beat the egg with 1 teaspoon water; set aside.
- Unfold and flatten the puff pastry sheet; cut into 4 squares and refrigerate 3 squares. On a lightly floured surface, roll out 1 pastry square into a 9-inch square. Pile one-quarter of the chicken mixture in the center. Lightly brush the 4 corners with the egg wash and pinch together to seal, leaving the seams open. Place the turnover on a baking sheet and refrigerate. Repeat with the remaining pastry squares, filling and egg wash.
- Bake the turnovers until crisp and golden, about 25 minutes.
- Sauvignon Republic Russian River Valley Sauvignon Blanc 2006 (California)
- Freeze unused puff pastry for up to 1 month after the use-by date.