Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 1 12 ounce box farfalle pasta
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup roasted cashews
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain, return the pasta to the pot and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, on a baking sheet, toss the tomatoes with 2 tablespoons olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven until wrinkled, about 12 minutes.
- Using a food processor, finely chop the parsley, cashews, parmesan, garlic and lemon juice. With the machine on, slowly add the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil and process until smooth; season with salt and pepper.
- In a serving bowl, combine the pasta, tomatoes and pesto. Serve with more parmesan.
- Make the pesto with arugula or spinach instead of the parsley.
- Double the pesto and refrigerate the extra for 4 days or freeze for up to 6 months.
- Save the largest grape tomatoes for kebabs.