Toss this sauce with 1 pound cooked pasta.
Makes: 2 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2cup grated parmigiano-reggiano
- In a small saucepan, melt 6 tablespoons butter and 1/2 teaspoon salt over medium-low heat. Add 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage and cook, stirring often, until the butter begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons heavy cream and remove from the heat. Add 1/2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese when tossing with pasta.
- For a sweeter, mellower sauce, cook chopped onions until softened in a combination of extra-virgin olive oil and butter for your base.
- For a more pungent sauce, cook finely chopped garlic in extra-virgin olive oil until just golden.
- Chop all ingredients into even, bite-size pieces or smaller.
- For egg pasta dishes, reduce the sauce less, as egg pastas will absorb some of the liquid.