Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 40 mins
- 6 cups a href="/recipes/rachael-ray-magazine-recipe-index/soup-recipes/Easy-Turkey-Stock">Easy Turkey Stock or chicken broth
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter
- 4 ounces sliced pancetta, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Butter-Basted Turkey meat
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 4 cups baby arugula (about 4 ounces), chopped
- 3/4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium saucepan, bring the turkey stock to a boil. Lower the heat to low and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook, stirring, until crisp and golden, about 5 minutes; using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain. Add 2 more tablespoons butter and the onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the rice and cook for 1 minute; add the wine and cook until absorbed, about 2 minutes. Add about 1/2 cup warm stock and cook, stirring constantly, until absorbed. Continue adding the stock 1/2 cup at a time, stirring, until the rice is al dente and cooked through, about 20 minutes (the risotto should be slightly soupy, but not runny).
- Stir in the turkey and tomatoes and cook, stirring, until the tomatoes soften, about 3 minutes. Stir in the remaining 4 tablespoons butter, the arugula, 1/2 cup cheese and the pancetta; season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Stir in any leftover baked or mashed sweet potatoes with the butter in Step 3.