Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 - 2 teaspoons chopped fresh scotch bonnet or habanero chile
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped or grated garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 skinless snapper fillets (5 to 6 oz. each)
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, parsley, onion, thyme, chile, garlic and paprika to form a coarse paste. Pat the fish dry, season with salt, then rub the seasoning over the fillets.
- Pour the breadcrumbs into a shallow bowl and beat the eggs in another shallow bowl. Working with 1 fillet at a time, coat the fish in the breadcrumbs, then in the egg, letting the excess drip off. Dip the fish back in the breadcrumbs.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Working in batches, fry the fish, turning once, until golden, 4 to 6 minutes. Season with salt and serve with the lemon wedges.