If you're a fanatic griller, these tender ribs ought to become one of your signature dishes.
Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 1 hr 10 mins
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2tablespoons onion powder
- 1 1/2tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2tablespoons dried basil
- 1 1/2tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- Salt and black pepper
- 6 1/2pounds baby back pork ribs, cut into 3-rib pieces
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, combine the paprika, crushed red pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, basil, mustard, thyme, ginger, 1 tablespoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Preheat the grill to medium. Arrange the ribs on a large baking sheet and rub on both sides with the oil, then season generously with the spice mixture. Cover the baking sheet tightly with foil and grill, with the cover down, until the meat is tender, about 1 hour.
- Remove the foil and place the ribs on the grill. Cook, turning once, until lightly charred, about 10 minutes.
- Pillar Box Red Shiraz-Cabernet 2006 (Australia)