Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 25 mins
- 3/4cup frozen strawberries, thawed and halved (about 3 ounces)
- 2/3cup frozen raspberries, thawed (about 3 ounces)
- 1/2cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- In a small saucepan, combine the strawberries, raspberries, 1/4 cup sugar and a pinch of salt. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring, and cook until jam like, about 10 minutes. Let cool, cover and refrigerate until cold, about 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cream, milk, remaining 1/4 cup sugar and another pinch of salt until the sugar is dissolved; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Using an ice cream machine, process the cream mixture according to the manufacturers instructions. Fold in the chilled berry mixture to make a swirl pattern and then transfer to an airtight container. Freeze until firm, about 4 hours.