Put a tasty new twist on store-bought granola by using it as a tart crust.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups granola
- 2 bartlett pears
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Salt and pepper
- 3 ounces gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . In a small bowl, melt 4 tablespoons butter in the microwave. Using a food processor, grind the granola into fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and process until the mixture has the consistency of wet sand. Press evenly over the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a 9-1/2-inch tart pan. Bake until dry, 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, peel and core the pears and cut lengthwise into wedges. In a medium skillet, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add the pears and cook, turning occasionally, until golden and barely tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the cream cheese with the cream. Add 2 teaspoons chives and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture into the crust and spread evenly. Sprinkle the gorgonzola on top. Fan the pear slices over the cheese in a circular pattern. Garnish with the remaining 1 teaspoon chives. Serve at room temperature.