Encasing chocolate capturesthe contrasting texture and flavor of a fillingsuch as chocolates best friend, peanut butter.
Makes: 12 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 5 mins
- 8 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- Place twelve 2 1/2-inch baking liners on a baking sheet. In a double boiler, melt the chocolate. Reserve the pot of hot water to keep the chocolate liquid, as necessary.
- Place about 2 teaspoons of the melted chocolate in a baking cup, swirling to coat about halfway up the side of the cup. Repeat with the remaining cups. Refrigerate until set.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the peanut butter and honey. Transfer the mixture to a resealable plastic bag and snip off one corner.
- Fill the chocolate cups about three-quarters full with the peanut butter mixture, smoothing the surface. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Top each peanut butter cup with melted chocolate to enclose, smoothing the surface. Refrigerate until hardened. To serve, remove the candies from the baking liners.