Try our icyhomage to thatheat-bustingsummer sipper.
Makes: 10 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 5 mins
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 bags english breakfast tea
- 2 large sprigs mint
- 3/4 cup peach nectar, chilled
- 1/2 cup drained canned peaches, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, chilled
- In a saucepan, bring the sugar and 2 cups water to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until the sugar is dissolved, 5 minutes; remove from the heat. Add the tea bags and mint; let steep for 10 minutes. Discard the tea bags and mint. Stir in the peach nectar.
- Divide the mixture and the peaches among the molds, using a small knife to arrange the fruit in the liquid. Freeze until partially frozen, about 1 hour. Redistribute the chopped peaches to suspend them, if necessary. Insert the ice-pop sticks and freeze until solid, about 4 hours. Run warm water over the molds to remove the pops.
- Use an ice-pop set that includes ten 3-oz. molds. Buy backup sticks at grocery or craft stores.
- Frozen pops stay fresh and tasty in their molds for up to two weeks.
- Run warm water over the molds to loosen pops; serve immediately.
- Slide a paper coaster bib up the stick to catch drips.