Whether served inside or out, this seasonal dish will prove that it's easy being green.
Makes: 18 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Bake: 15 mins
- 1 9-inch sheet puff pastry dough, thawed
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 nectarines, pitted and thinly sliced
- 3/4cup heavy cream, chilled
- 1/8teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . Lay the pastry on a floured work surface and cut into 3 strips. Cut each strip crosswise into 3 squares. Arrange the 9 squares on a baking sheet, brush with the butter and sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar on top. Bake until golden, 15 minutes. Let cool.
- In a bowl, sprinkle the nectarine slices with 1 tablespoon sugar; toss.
- In another bowl, whip the cream, remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and vanilla until stiff.
- Split each puff pastry square into 2 layers. Top each with whipped cream and nectarines.