Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Bake: 20 mins
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 3 ripe mangoes, cut into small cubes
- 3/4cup plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . On a work surface, unfold the puff pastry and cut into 6 rectangles. Place on a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet and sprinkle with sugar. Bake until golden-brown, about 15 minutes, then lower the heat to 325 degrees and bake for 5 minutes more. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, toss together the mangoes and 2 tablespoons sugar; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Mix the yogurt with the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and the vanilla. Using a serrated knife, halve the baked pastries horizontally. Spread the yogurt-vanilla mixture on the bottom halves, spoon the mango on top and cover with the remaining pastry halves.
- Try frozen yogurt in place of the Greek-style yogurt.
- Bake puff pastry one day ahead.
- Stand the mango on the stem end. Cut off the round halves, keeping your knife parallel to the large, oval seed in the center. Cut a crosshatch pattern into each half with your knife, being careful not to cut all the way through the skin. Press on the skin side of the mango to "pop" out the mango cubes, using a small knife to help remove them from the skin.