This dense, creamy classic is a house specialty at La Pastaria restaurant in Summit, New Jersey.
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Bake: 2 hrs
- 3 pounds ricotta cheese
- 9 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- Grated peel and juice from 1 orange
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- Confectioners sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . Butter and flour a 10-inch springform pan and place it on a baking sheet.
- Using an electric mixer, combine the ricotta, eggs, granulated sugar, orange peel and juice, cream and vanilla. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 11/2 hours. Turn off the oven and let the cake rest inside for 30 minutes. Let cool, then sprinkle with confectioners sugar.