Coating with nutsgives semisoft, sticky candies a finishedlook and a firm, clean outer shell.
Makes: 20 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 1 min
- 1 10 ouncepackage peanut butter chips, such as Reeses
- 1/2cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound roasted, salted peanuts, one-quarter coarsely chopped
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. In a microwavable bowl, melt the peanut butter chips, corn syrup and butter, stirring once, for 1 minute. Stir in the whole peanuts; let cool slightly.
- On the prepared pan, divide the mixture into 20 mounds and shape each into a log. Place the chopped peanuts in a shallow bowl and roll the candy logs in the nuts to sparsely coat. Let sit to harden slightly.
- Roll the candy with your fingers, touching the sticky sides as little as possible. (Try other dry coatings, such as toasted coconut, Rice Krispies or rainbow sprinkles.)