Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 bartlett pears, cut into eighths
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a small saucepan, combine the cream, chocolate and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until smooth, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and salt. Cover to keep warm.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the pears, lemon juice, sugar and ginger and simmer, turning occasionally, until the pears are tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Serve with the warm chocolate sauce.