Makes: 10 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Bake: 35 mins
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 stick (4 oz.) unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees . Generously grease a 9-inch pie pan. In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and butter, stirring until smooth. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa and salt. In a large bowl, whisk the sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Whisk the flour mixture into the egg mixture until just blended. Whisk in the chocolate mixture and 1/2 cup pecans. Transfer to the prepared pie pan and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup pecans.
- Bake the pie until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out slightly sticky but not wet, with just a few crumbs clinging to it, about 35 minutes. Let cool completely on a rack.