This simple sheet cake is a sweet, no-fuss ending for a casual meal.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 1/2cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4cup milk
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3cup sugar
- 1/3cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees . Butter and flour an 8-inch square baking pan. In a medium saucepan, melt the chocolate chips with the milk and heavy cream over low heat. Add the butter and sugar and stir until smooth. Remove from the heat.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add to the chocolate mixture and stir until smooth. Whisk in the egg and vanilla. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.