Give wine new purpose as a star ingredient in this ice cream and berry dessert.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1 12 ounce bag frozen berries
- 1 12 ounce bag frozen pitted cherries
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- Juice of half an orange (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup ruby port
- Freshly ground pepper (optional)
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- In a medium saucepan, bring the berries, frozen and dried cherries, orange juice, sugar and cinnamon to a boil. Lower the heat, add the port and simmer for 10 minutes. Season with pepper, if using. Serve in bowls with vanilla ice cream.
- Look for fresh cherries in the summer, when they are in season.