Least likely to screw up.
Makes: 12 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Bake: 35 mins
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, sliced and chilled
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 300 degrees . Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Using a food processor, mix the flour, butter, sugar and salt for 20 seconds. Add the cherries and pulse until chopped, 20 seconds more.
- Turn out the mixture onto a work surface and gather into a smooth, compact ball. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a 7-by-9-inch rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick; cut into 12 rectangles. Prick each cookie 3 times with a fork.
- Using a metal spatula, place the cookies about 1 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheet and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Bake until light golden-brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely; sprinkle with sugar.