Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 bananaspeeled, quartered crosswise, then halved lengthwise
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, for serving
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the pecans and coconut.
- In a heavy skillet, melt the sugar over medium-high heat. Cook, swirling the pan often, until medium-amber, about 10 minutes. Lower the heat and whisk in the butter, 2 tablespoons at a time, until smooth. Stir in the cream, then add the banana pieces, rolling to coat with the caramel sauce. Cook until the bananas soften, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bananas to bowls. Top each with a dollop of ice cream, sprinkle the nut mixture on top and drizzle with the caramel sauce.