Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 40 mins
- 1 sheet frozen piecrust, thawed
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4cup light brown sugar
- 3/4cup light corn syrup
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4cups walnut halves
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees . Fit the piecrust into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch glass pie dish. Crimp the edges to form a 1/4-inch-high border; refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and brown sugar until smooth. Whisk in the corn syrup, butter, vanilla and salt; stir in the walnuts. Pour the mixture into the pie shell and bake until the filling is set in the center, 35 to 40 minutes. Transfer to a rack and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream and honey until stiff peaks form. Serve the pie with the honey whipped cream.