This bitter and sweet frozen espresso treat mimics our favorite cup of coffeedown to its caffeine jolt!
Prep: 15 mins
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tbsp. brewed espresso, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons dark unsweetened cocoa powder, plus more for dusting
- Combine the cream and 1/4 cup condensed milk. Divide the mixture among the molds. Freeze until almost solid, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together the espresso, 2 tsp. cocoa powder and the remaining 1/4 cup condensed milk; refrigerate until cold.
- Divide the mixture among the molds. Insert the ice-pop sticks, piercing the cream layer; freeze until solid, about 4 hours. Run warm water over the molds to remove the pops; dust the cream layer with more cocoa powder.
- Use an ice-pop set that includes ten 3-oz. molds. Buy backup sticks at grocery or craft stores.
- Frozen pops stay fresh and tasty in their molds for up to two weeks.
- Run warm water over the molds to loosen pops; serve immediately.
- Slide a paper coaster bib up the stick to catch drips.