Icing-in-a-tube lets you personalize these poppable minis.
Makes: 24 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Bake: 50 mins
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter
- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate, cut into small pieces
- 2 1/4cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces chocolate chips
- 1/3cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tube store-bought decorating icing
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . Line an 8-inch square baking pan with enough foil to let flaps hang over two sides; grease the foil.
- In a double boiler, melt together the butter and unsweetened chocolate, stirring occasionally. Let cool slightly, then beat in the sugar, eggs and vanilla with a wooden spoon until glossy. Stir in the flour and salt. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan and bake until the top cracks and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out moist, about 50 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, place the chocolate chips in a medium bowl. In a small saucepan, bring the coconut milk to a simmer. Pour the coconut milk over the chocolate chips and let stand for 5 minutes, then whisk until smooth. Pour the warm glaze over the cooled brownies and tilt the pan to coat evenly. Refrigerate until the glaze is set, about 2 hours. Using the foil flaps, gently remove the chilled brownies from the pan and cut into 1-inch squares. Decorate the Brownie Bites with the icing.