Take a bite out of the summer heat with this cool, no-bake dessert.
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Grated peel of 1 lemon, plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4cup blueberry preserves
- 3/4cup blueberries, plus more for garnish
- 3/4cup chopped strawberries, plus sliced strawberries for garnish
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 2 12 ounces pound cakes, sliced crosswise 1/3 inch thick
- In a small saucepan, bring 1/3 cup water, the granulated sugar and the lemon peel to a boil, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1/4 cup water, the preserves and the berries and cook over medium heat, stirring, until thickened, about 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, mix together the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla. In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with a layer of pound cake slices, cutting to fit as needed. Brush with the lemon syrup and spread half the berry sauce on top. Spoon half the cream cheese mixture over the berries. Repeat the layers with the remaining ingredients.
- Cover the cake with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 5 hours or overnight. Release from the springform pan and top with more berries before serving.
- Thread cubes of leftover pound cake onto a skewer, brush with leftover lemon syrup and grill until lightly charred.