Bananas and nuts stud these grab-and-go breakfast muffins.
Makes: 12 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Bake: 20 mins
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup mashed banana (1 to 2 bananas)
- 1 cup whole milk yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, or vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . Line a 12-cup muffin pan with baking liners. In a small bowl, mix 1/4 cup sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, walnuts and raisins.
- In a small bowl, beat together the banana, yogurt and egg with a fork. Stir in the butter. Stir the wet ingredients into the flour mixture until just combined.
- Fill the lined muffin cups with the batter. Sprinkle the reserved cinnamon-sugar mixture on top. Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out dry, about 20 minutes.
- Whisk dry ingredients together to distribute them evenly.
- Try plump, moist golden raisins instead of the usual ones.
- Spoon the batter all the way to the top of the baking liners.