Dress up these cupcakes with white sprinkles or decorating sugar.
Makes: 18 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Bake: 20 mins
- 1 1/4cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/3cups flour
- 1 1/2cups baby carrots, shredded
- 1 1/2 sticks (6 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1 7 1/2ouncejar marshmallow cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . Line two 9-cup muffin pans with baking liners. Using an electric mixer, beat the brown sugar and eggs at high speed for 5 minutes. Add the oil and 2 tablespoons water; beat at medium speed until blended. Mix in the pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and baking soda. Mix in the flour at low speed; stir in the carrots. Fill each muffin cup halfway with batter and bake until golden, about 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Using the electric mixer, beat the butter and confectioners' sugar for 5 minutes. Add in the marshmallow cream and vanilla and mix until combined. Spread on the cupcakes.