Satisfy your family's appetite with dinners for 10 bucks or less.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 1 hr
- 3 ounces wild rice (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 pound orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 ounce peas, thawed
- Half of a 15.5-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- Cook the wild rice according to package directions; transfer to a large bowl. Meanwhile, in a pot of boiling, salted water, cook the orzo until al dente; drain. Add to the wild rice.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Add the pecans and sage and cook, stirring frequently, until the nuts are toasted and the mushrooms are tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the peas and chickpeas. Add the vegetable mixture to the orzo mixture; season with salt.