Satisfy your family's appetite with dinners for 10 bucks or less.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 28 ouncecan crushed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 6 ouncecan white tuna in olive oil, drained
- 1 1 poundbox medium pasta shells
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add 2 tablespoons parsley and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook over low heat until the sauce thickens, about 20 minutes. Whisk in the butter, then stir in the tuna.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente; drain. Add the pasta to the tuna sauce and stir in threequarters of the remaining parsley; season with salt and pepper. Top with the remaining parsley.
- Hall Sauvignon Blanc Napa Valley 2007 (California), Pacific Rim Riesling Wallula Vineyard 2007 (Washington)
- Use fresh oregano instead of parsley.