Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Bake: 50 mins
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, stems and leaves separated and coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper
- 8 chicken drumsticks (2 lbs.)
- 1 1/2cups jasmine rice
- 2 cucumbers--peeled, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- In a food processor, puree the cilantro stems, garlic, oyster sauce, half of the lime juice and 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl, add the chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees . Place the chicken on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake, turning once, until cooked through, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the rice, 2 1/4 cups water and 1/2 tsp. salt over medium-low heat. Cover and cook until the rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Let sit, covered, for 10 minutes; fluff with a fork.
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumbers, cilantro leaves and remaining lime juice; season with salt and pepper. Serve with the chicken and rice.
- AN EXTRA BUCK WILL BUY YOU...a handful of roasted peanuts to chop up and add to the rice for crunch and rich flavor.
- Make Cheaper Chicken Wings!...The marinade will season up to 2 dozen drumettes.