Cut costs—not flavor—with this budget-friendly meal.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 45 mins
- 2 pounds Swiss chard, stems and thick ribs removed
- 8 large egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Crusty Italian breadsliced, toasted and buttered
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . Grease a 9-inch pie pan and set aside. In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the chard until softened, about 2 minutes. Drain in a colander, pressing down to release the excess liquid. Transfer the chard to a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Transfer the chard to a large bowl and beat in the egg yolks, cream and parmesan until combined; season with salt and pepper. Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until set, about 45 minutes. Slice and serve with the toast.
- Place a fried egg on each slice of pie.