Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 1 spaghetti squash (about 3 1/2 pounds), halved lengthwise
- 1/3cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces sweet Italian sausage
- 1 bunch spinach, stems discarded and leaves coarsely chopped
- 1/2teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Place a squash half, cut side down, in a large, microwavable dish. Add 1/2 cup water and microwave until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Repeat with the remaining squash half. Discard the seeds. Using a fork, comb the squash into strands into a bowl. Toss with the parmesan and season with black pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Add the spinach and crushed red pepper and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes; season with salt and black pepper. Serve on top of the squash.