Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 1 13 1/2 ounce can coconut milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 6 ounces green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 10 ounces peas, thawed
- 3/4 pound frozen shrimp--peeled, deveined and coarsely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- In a saucepan, bring 2 1/3 cups water, 2/3 cup coconut milk and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt to a boil over high heat. Stir in the rice, cover, lower the heat and simmer until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat the remaining coconut milk over medium heat. Whisk in the curry paste. Stir in the green beans and cook for 3 minutes. Add the peas and shrimp and cook, stirring, until the shrimp is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes; stir in the lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Serve over the coconut rice.