Satisfy your family's appetite with dinners for 10 bucks or less.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 1 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 pork loin chops (about 2 pounds)
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . In a large bowl, stir together the spinach, onion, 2 eggs, the flour and cumin; season with salt and pepper.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl. Beat the remaining egg in another shallow bowl. Dip each chop in the beaten egg, then coat with the breadcrumbs.
- In a large, ovenproof skillet, heat 1/4 cup olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and cook until browned, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake until an instant-read thermometer registers 150 degrees , about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Spoon heaping tablespoons of the spinach batter into the oil. Cook the fritters until crisp and browned, about 2 minutes on each side. Serve with the chops.
- Pietra Santa Dolcetto 2004 (California), Andeluna Malbec Winemaker's Selection 2006 (Argentina)