Satisfy your family's appetite with dinners for 10 bucks or less.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 10 large eggs
- 2 tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1/3 pound pastrami, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped chives
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the broiler. In a bowl, beat the eggs, then stir in the tomatoes, chopped pastrami, 1/4 cup parmesan and 3 tablespoons chives.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Increase the heat to medium-high, add the egg mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until the frittata is set, 5 to 7 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup parmesan on top. Transfer to the broiler and cook for 3 minutes more. Loosen the edges with a rubber spatula and slide the frittata onto a cutting board. Cut into quarters and top with the remaining 1 tablespoon chives.
- The Black Chook Shiraz-Viognier 2007 (Australia), Concannon Petite Sirah Limited Release 2005 (California)
- Replace the pastrami with a sliced veggie dog.