Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 pound lamb sausage, casing discarded
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 10 ounce box couscous
- In a large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring, until browned, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; discard the fat in the pan. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and the onion to the pan and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cumin and cinnamon and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, chickpeas and 2/3 cup water to the pan and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Lower the heat, stir in the sausage and parsley and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the couscous according to package directions. Serve the stew over the couscous.