Satisfy your family's appetite with dinners for 10 bucks or less.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 1 pound linguine pasta
- 1 cup packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 3 3/4-ounce can sardines, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, using a food processor, finely chop the parsley, capers, garlic, lemon juice and anchovy paste. Add the olive oil and pulse to combine; season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, flake the sardines with a fork. Add the parsley mixture and the pasta and toss, adding the reserved pasta cooking water to thin the sauce as desired. Top with the olives.