Curry andjalapenos delivera punch, so youcan use a lotless cheese andstill be satisfied.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 25 mins
Bake: 20 mins
- 1 pound store-bought whole wheat pizza dough, at room temperature
- 1/4 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 large jalapeno chile, seeds discarded, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 pound ground dark-meat turkey
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 large red onion, sliced
- Invert a 13-by-18-inch baking sheet onto the bottom of the oven. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees . Oil a second baking sheet and stretch the pizza dough to fit the pan.
- In a mini food processor, pulse the cilantro, jalapeno and 2 tablespoons olive oil until a paste forms; season with salt. Spread the paste on the dough, then sprinkle with the cheese.
- In a medium skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the curry powder and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the turkey, season with salt and cook, breaking up the meat, until just barely cooked, about 2 minutes. Stir in the zucchini and onion. Top the pizza with the meat mixture. Place the baking sheet on the preheated baking sheet in the oven and bake until the crust is golden, about 20 minutes.