Satisfy your family's appetite with dinners for 10 bucks or less.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1 pound penne rigate pasta
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1 6 ounce can solid white tuna in water, drained and broken into chunks
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente; drain and spread onto a baking sheet to cool.
- Meanwhile, pour the vinegar into a large bowl and whisk in the olive oil in a slow, steady stream. Stir in the tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and olives. Add the pasta and parsley and toss; season with salt and pepper. Stir in the tuna. Top with the feta.
- Taz Pinot Gris 2007 (California), Francis Ford Coppola Director's Cut Chardonnay 2006 (California)