Satisfy your family's appetite with dinners for 10 bucks or less.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 2 15 ounce cans black beans, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until browned, about 3 minutes. Add the coriander, and stir for about 30 seconds. Add the chicken broth, lower the heat and simmer for 3 minutes, scraping up any browned bits; transfer to a plate. Add the coconut milk to the skillet, increase the heat and boil to reduce by half, about 4 minutes. Stir in the mango and cook until warmed through. Return the chicken to the skillet, toss and remove from the heat; season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, simmer the black beans over low heat. Stir in the lime juice and 3 tablespoons mint.
- Divide the beans among 4 plates. Top with the chicken and remaining mint.
- Stand the mango on the stem end. Cut off the round halves, keeping your knife parallel to the large, oval seed in the center.
- Cut a crosshatch pattern into each half with your knife, being careful not to cut all the way through the skin.
- Press on the skin side of the mango to "pop" out hte mango cubes, using a small knife to help remove them from the skin.