Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 7 mins
Cook: 8 mins
- 1 pound chicken tenders halved crosswise
- 1 teaspoon crumbled dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) hominy rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 2 cups sliced romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped radishes
- Pat the chicken pieces dry. Sprinkle with the oregano and season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the hominy, broth, cilantro and chipotles and bring to a simmer. Cook for 1 minute. Spoon into bowls and top with the lettuce and radishes.
- For just pennies more a pound than chicken breast, you can buy panready tenders (precut strips of chicken breast).
- An Extra Buck Will Buy You...store-bought guacamole. Top with a generous dollop of delicious, creamy guac.