Satisfy your family's appetite with dinners for 10 bucks or less.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4pound spaghetti
- 1 bunch asparagus, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 slices bacon, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4cup dry white wine
- Salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and cheese. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente, adding the asparagus during the last minute of cooking. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Add the hot pasta and asparagus to egg mixture; toss to coat.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until crisp, stir in the garlic. Add the wine and cook until slightly reduced, about 1 minute. Stir the bacon mixture into the pasta, adding enough of the reserved pasta water to moisten; season with salt and pepper.