Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 pound Spanish chorizo, sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 14 large eggs, beaten
- 8 10 - 12 inches flour tortillas
- 1/2 pound shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Sour cream, jarred salsa and guacamole for serving
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir the eggs into the chorizo and scramble until set, about 5 minutes. Spoon the egg mixture onto the lower third of each tortilla, leaving a 1-inch border on the bottom and sides. Top each with the cheese and cilantro. Roll up the tortillas burrito-style and serve with the toppings.