Save big on costs without cutting flavor with this budget-friendly dinner.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Bake: 25 mins
- 5 ounces thick-sliced pancetta or bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 pound fresh green peas, shelled (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon butter, plus more for frying
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup plain whole milk yogurt, preferably Greek
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- In a large skillet, cook the pancetta over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the fat is rendered, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pancetta to paper towels to drain; reserve the skillet.
- In the skillet, stir together the peas and corn and 1 tablespoon butter and cook until al dente, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and season with the lemon juice, salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- In a large bowl, using a fork, mix together the ricotta, yogurt, eggs and 1/4 teaspoon salt until smooth. Stir in the flour until blended.
- In a large nonstick skillet or on a griddle, melt 1/2 tablespoon butter. Ladle about 3 tablespoons batter into the skillet for each pancake, spacing evenly. Fry until the bottom is golden, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook until golden on the other side, 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer to a baking sheet and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve 2 pancakes per person with the pancetta-vegetable mixture.
- Use frozen peas and cornjust add them to the skillet after the pancetta is cooked.