Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 1 pound frozen peaches, thawed
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- In a medium saucepan, bring the peaches, brown sugar and orange juice to a boil. Lower the heat to medium and simmer until the sauce begins to thicken, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Heat a large, heavy skillet or griddle over medium-low heat and lightly grease with oil. Stir the melted butter, eggs and milk into the dry ingredients until just combined. Working in batches, ladle about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake into the skillet and cook until bubbles form, about 4 minutes; flip and cook for 4 minutes more. Top the pancakes with the peach compote.