Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 2 1/3 cups Basic Batter
- 1/2 cup white cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar, plus more for dusting
- Grated peel and juice of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- In a large bowl, combine the batter, cornmeal and half-and-half. In another large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners sugar and lemon peel until fluffy. Beat in the lemon juice.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Fold into the cream cheese mixture and refrigerate.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Grease the pan with some butter. Add 2 tablespoons of the cornmeal batter and, tilting and rotating the pan, form a thin crepe. Cook until golden, 1 minute; flip and cook for about 15 seconds. Repeat with the remaining cornmeal batter and butter.
- In a heavy saucepan, bring the granulated sugar and 1/2 cup water to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, undisturbed, until golden, about 10 minutes. Stir in the apricots and 1/4 cup water.
- Meanwhile, working in batches, arrange the crepes on a work surface and spread some of the cream cheese mixture on each one. Fold the crepes in half, then fold in half again to form a fan. Top with the apricot-caramel sauce and dust with confectioners sugar.