Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup finely chopped jarred pickled jalapeno slices
- Warm maple syrup, for serving
- Preheat a square waffle iron. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees . Whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Add the eggs, cheese, sour cream, butter and jalapenos; stir until just combined.
- Using a scant 1/2 cup batter for every 4 square inches, spread the batter on the hot iron and bake until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining batter, keeping the waffles warm on a baking sheet in the oven. Slice each waffle into thirds and serve with the maple syrup.