Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 3/4 cup cooked, pureed carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, walnuts, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, whisk together the milk, egg yolks, pureed carrot and melted butter. Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir until just combined.
- Preheat a griddle or large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Meanwhile, beat the egg whites to soft peaks. Gently fold the whites into the batter.
- Grease the griddle and ladle on 1/4-cup portions of batter. Cook on 1 side until bubbles form and the pancakes are cooked around the edges, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Flip and cook through, 1 minute more. Blend whipped cream cheese and 1/4 cup confectioners sugar to top; dust with more sugar.